See what's going on at the station during the Fall Membership Drive. Here is our daily coverage from Monday, October 13.
Day 8 — Monday, October 13
Monday's live music broadcast:
Donald Harrison, Jr. stopped by the studio this afternoon during the Jazz from the Market show to chat with host Charlie B. about the importance of community radio in New Orleans.
Charlie B. hosts Jazz from the Market every Monday from 4 to 7 p.m.
Márcio Pereira, John Eubanks and Rick Trolsen came by the studio to play some cuts off of their latest CD, Gringo do Choro.
Dave Marinello from La Divinia Café e Gelateria, 621 St. Peter Street, took a break from feeding the French Quarter to come by the station with some delicious food.
Grazie to La Divinia Café e Gelateria for the panini deliziosi. We'd also like to thank Lil' Dizzy's Café for the fried chicken, Montrel's Bistro for the red beans and rice, Croissant d'Or for the croissants, and Cool Brew Iced Coffee, George's Produce, Brown's Dairy and New Orleans Ice Cream for all the goodies they have so graciously provided.
WWOZ phone bank volunteer Jill appears to be enjoying answering your calls!
WWOZ is grateful for your support, and we want to say "Thank you!" to every six-hundred and twelve of you who have joined or renewed so far during this membership drive.
- Day 11 — Thursday, October 16 — Dr. John, Kermit Ruffins, Kirk Joseph
- Day 10 — Wednesday, October 15 — Ingrid Lucia, Troy Turner, Billy Iuso
- Day 9 — Tuesday, October 14 — Walter Washington, Irene Sage
- Day 8 — Monday, October 13 — Donald Harrison, Jr., Rick Trolsen
- Day 7 — Sunday, October 12 — Aaron Neville
- Day 6 — Saturday, October 11 — Sorongo
- Day 5 — Friday, October 10 — The Mario Abney Quintet, Topsy Chapman
- Day 4 — Thursday, October 9 — Juan-Carlos Formell, The Revivalists
- Day 3 — Wednesday, October 8 — Guitar Lightnin' Lee, The Pfister Sisters
- Day 2 — Tuesday, October 7 — The Thelonious Monk Institute Ensemble
- Day 1 — Monday, October 6 — Margie Perez