Salú's Potato and Cheddar Dumplings
This recipe for Potato and Cheddar Dumplings is featured on Salú's Oktoberfest Menu, beginning Saturday, September 19th and running through Sunday, October 4th. The menu consists of five hand picked German-inspired dishes alongside German beer specials.
4 Each Idaho Potatoes
1 1/2 Cup Flour
4 oz White Cheddar
Egg wash, flour and panko for dredging
1. Roast the potatoes on a bed of at salt at 450 degrees for about 40 minutes
2. Allow to cool to room temp DO NOT REFRIGERATE
3. Scoop out potatoes and discard the skins. Then grate the potatoes into a large bowl. Add the flour, shredded cheddar, and eggs.
4. Knead the dough till smooth.
5. Form into desired sized balls, then flour, egg wash, and dredge in panko.
6. Fry till golden brown, season with salt and pepper.
Salú's Oktoberfest Menu, begins Saturday, September 19th and runs through Sunday, October 4th. The menu consists of five German-inspired dishes, including Kartoffelsuppe, a beer and potato soup with smoked paprika oil and green onion; Flammkuchen (Oktober Flatbread) with German sausage, sauerkraut, roasted potato and sour cream; Brats und Brezel with house made bratwurst, spicy mustard and beer cheese; Schweinbraten und Knodel (roasted pork shoulder) with potato dumplings, sweet and salty brussel sprouts and natural jus; and Zwetschgenkuchen (purple plum cake) with plum syrup and fresh cream. Salu will also feature German beer specials throughout the month at the restaurant to pair nicely with each menu item.