Published on: March 9th, 2015
Recipe courtesy of Louisiana Cookin' Magazine
- 2 pounds crawfish tail meat
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped green onion, green parts only
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- ¼ teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 cups cooked long-grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 8 ounces prepared hog casings
- Garnish: stone-ground mustard
- In a large bowl, combine crawfish, salt, and peppers. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add canola oil, and cook onions, bell pepper, celery, and garlic until softened, about 5 minutes. Add crawfish mixture, and cook 15 minutes more. Remove from heat, and fold in rice. Stuff casings while filling is still hot, twisting into 4-inch links.
- In a large pan, add crawfish boudin links, and cover with water. Cook over medium-high heat, keeping just below a simmer; cook until heated through, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain. In a large skillet, add crawfish boudin, and cook over medium-high until golden brown on all sides. Serve immediately with mustard, if desired.