Day 1 — Wednesday, March 4
Our 2009 Spring Pledge Party has been an amazing trip. Right from Day 1 we had amazing live performances and a whole lotta fun! Here are opening day's highlights:
Live music broadcasts on Wednesday:
West Bank Mike, Irene Sage, and Derek Houston kicked things off in the 'OZ performance studio with Big D on the mic during his Sittin' at the Crossroads show.
West Bank Mike, Irene Sage, and Derek Houston
(From left) Derek Houston, Jimmy Carpenter and Sam Price
West Bank Mike
Lunch break! Thanks Whole Foods!
Sondra Bibb's Jazz from the Market show featured a killer jazz ensemble drawing from the Thelonious Monk Institute and the New Orleans Center for Creative Arts. They may be students, but they sure can burn!
Trombonist Tyler Ginsberg (left) and saxophonist Stephen Gladney
Linton Smith on trumpet, Stephen Gladney on tenor sax, Tyler Ginsberg on trombone, and Shea Pierre on piano.
Check out day-by-day highlights from our Spring 2009 Pledge Party:
- Day 10 — Friday, March 13: New Wave Brass Band
- Day 9 — Thursday, March 12: Vic Shepherd, Irma Thomas, Tanya Boutté, David Torkanowsky & Luther Kent, Paul Sanchez
- Day 8 — Wednesday, March 11: Big Dady O, Jesse Moore, Troy Turner
- Day 7 — Tuesday, March 10: Midnight Streetcar, Marc Stone, Groovesect, Big Al Carson, Jimmy Carpenter
- Day 6 — Monday, March 9: Rick Trolsen
- Day 5 — Sunday, March 8: Samuel Doores, Leroy Jones & Todd Duke
- Day 4 — Saturday, March 7: Brasilliance!
- Day 3 — Friday, March 6: Bob French and Friends, Liese's Living Room & the Village Copper Thieves
- Day 2 — Thursday, March 5: David Torkanowsky
- Day 1 — Wednesday, March 4: West Bank Mike & Irene Sage, Abita Blues Band, NOCCA Jazz Ensemble