See what's going on at the station during the Fall Membership Drive. Here is our daily coverage from Saturday, October 11.
Day 6 — Saturday, October 11
Edwin Gonzalez, Pepe Coloma and Pupi Menes of Sorongo came by the studio during Yolanda Estrada's Latin Show. ¡Mil gracias por su apoyo!
WWOZ volunteers Karen Scott, Daryl Guillory and Kaitlin Ryan sit patiently, waiting for your call. Let's put 'em to work!
WWOZ members and volunteers James and Bernadette Hines founded the Voodoo Blues Krewe to support, promote and preserve the blues.
WWOZ would like to thank Le Boulangerie, the St. James Cheese Company, the French Quarter Pizzeria & Bar, Cool Brew Iced Coffee, George's Produce, Brown's Dairy, La Divina Gelateria and New Orleans Ice Cream for helping feed our show hosts, volunteers, staff and visiting musicians. Yum!
WWOZ Membership Director Crystal Gross celebrates our 500th new or renewing member. We can't do it without you, so keep those calls and letters coming in!
We're posting live updates on what's going on here at the station during the membership drive, so check back often. We're thrilled that we are once again able to present live music from the studio, thanks to our brand-new live music studio! And don't forget, you can tell the world how much you love 'OZ on our new listener comments page, What Does WWOZ Mean to You?
- Day 11 — Thursday, October 16 — Dr. John, Kermit Ruffins, Kirk Joseph
- Day 10 — Wednesday, October 15 — Ingrid Lucia, Troy Turner, Billy Iuso
- Day 9 — Tuesday, October 14 — Walter Washington, Irene Sage
- Day 8 — Monday, October 13 — Donald Harrison, Jr., Rick Trolsen
- Day 7 — Sunday, October 12 — Aaron Neville
- Day 6 — Saturday, October 11 — Sorongo
- Day 5 — Friday, October 10 — The Mario Abney Quintet, Topsy Chapman
- Day 4 — Thursday, October 9 — Juan-Carlos Formell, The Revivalists
- Day 3 — Wednesday, October 8 — Guitar Lightnin' Lee, The Pfister Sisters
- Day 2 — Tuesday, October 7 — The Thelonious Monk Institute Ensemble
- Day 1 — Monday, October 6 — Margie Perez