1) LUNA Fête is back with a whole new show against the backdrop of Gallier Hall for a 4-night run ending Sunday, December 9. Watch the beauty unfold from Lafayette Square each night starting at 6p.
2) Davell Crawford will be performing at the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Foundation's free Saturday concert series this week. The show starts at 8p at the George and Joyce Wein Jazz & Heritage Center (1225 N. Rampart). All shows in the series are free!
3) Beef up your record collection or pick up some gifts for the fellow music lovers in your life at the Record Raid at Ace Hotel this Sunday, 10a-5p. 28 vendors will be on hand.
4) Tuesday was a very special day at WWOZ-- our 38th birthday! We hope you enjoyed the day of wild programming. We welcomed more than 30 musicians into our studio (the small one!) to perform a song each for the audience. It was a great day full of songs, greetings, friends, and unexpected encounters. Spencer Bohren dueted with Jimmy Robinson; Papa Mali and Little Freddie King got caught up on our couch; Nicholas Payton, Roland Guerin, and Jamison Ross squeezed in for a tight trio set, Haruka Kikuchi's 1-month old made his radio debut, and much more. Listen to it all on our 2-week archive from Tuesday, December 4. Special thanks to all the musicians who came in to show some love for WWOZ.
5) The Santas will be running this weekend! Make some room for cookies and join the horde at Generations Hall Saturday at 11a for the 2018 New Orleans Running of the Santas. The actual jaunt from the "south pole" to the "north pole" is at 5:45p but they've got a day filled with music, contests, and more before that.