Why Join WWOZ?
- WWOZ streams & broadcasts community radio to the universe all day, every day.
- WWOZ has been non-profit, listener-supported and volunteer-programmed for 30 years.
- WWOZ preserves and promotes New Orleans' unique musical and cultural heritage.
- WWOZ produces programs such as New Orleans All The Way Live designed to celebrate, explore and record Crescent City culture.
- WWOZ's Takin' It To The Streets provides information about second lines (including routes sheets), Mardi Gras Indian events, and more.
- WWOZ broadcasts live music from festivals & events year round.
Past Membership Drives
Fall Membership Drive 2013 runs through November 15!
The Fall 2013 Membership Drive, AKA Pledge Party, included tons of music and fun here at the station. We want to thank the many volunteers, musicians, and food donors who showed their love and support for WWOZ. This station really does rely on every one of you to continue sharing this fantastically unique programming that you won't find anywhere else. So thank you from the bottom of our syncopated hearts!
We have LOTS of great pictures of all the fun. See the gallery below and highlights and thank-yous from each day of the drive.
Drive Highlights by Day:
The Dukes of Dixieland at WWOZ: Paul Thibodeaux (drums), Richard Scott (trombone), Big Joe Kennedy (piano), Ryan Burrage (clarinet), WWOZ's Dee Lindsey, Alan Broome (bass), Kevin Clark (trumpet).