Calling all creative ‘OZ fans! It’s time for a new WWOZ T-shirt design, and we want you to make it. We’re looking for something that represents what WWOZ is all about—something that combines the New Orleans vibe with the warm fuzzies of the ‘OZ family.
If your design is chosen, it will be printed as a limited edition T-shirt, available for purchase in the Swamp Shop. Your design can help support WWOZ!
The design deadline is August 1, 2009. See the rules below:
• Send us what ya got! Submit your design via an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Designs must be received by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on August 1, 2009. In the subject line, write “T-shirt design,” and in the body of the e-mail please include your full name, phone number, mailing address, and e-mail address.
• Attach a file of your design. Designs must be in PNG format. Images may be designed for the front, the back, or both sides of a T-shirt. Please indicate which side(s) you are designing for in the body of the e-mail. You should assume a basic T-shirt color, such as black or white. If a different T-shirt color is necessary for the integrity of the design, please indicate this in the body of the e-mail.
• No compensation — cash or otherwise — will be provided for any designs. But you will get the rush of hearing your name announced on the radio and the glory of having your design worn all over the world!
• Designs must be original works of art. Designs using photographs or copyrighted materials will be disqualified.
• Submit exclusively to WWOZ. Designs submitted to WWOZ for consideration may not be submitted to any other organization or entity with interest in reproducing that design.
• WWOZ employees are not eligible to participate in the design contest. Show hosts may submit designs, but they will not be allowed to judge the submissions. (Hey, we have to be fair!)
• We'll have a look at what you send. All submitted designs will be considered by a panel of judges consisting of WWOZ employees and show hosts who have not submitted designs. This selection process will take place in early August. Designers will not be identified with their work during the selection process. If the panel votes on a design that they feel is representative of WWOZ, it will be deemed the winning design.
• We'll contact you if you win. The winning designer will be notified by e-mail, and the winning design, with the designer’s name, will be announced through various media, including 90.7 FM in New Orleans, WWOZ.org, Facebook, Twitter, and MySpace. This notification is expected to take place by the end of August 2009.
• The winning design will be the sole property of WWOZ-FM (Friends of WWOZ, Inc.). WWOZ will have full ownership rights to reproduce winning design in any way it wishes, on any product it wishes, and in any electronic format on its website or similar.
• The winning design will be printed on T-shirts. WWOZ will produce a limited number of T-shirts with the winning design, if it meets WWOZ’s standard of quality, to be sold in its Swamp Shop eBay store.
• WWOZ reserves the right to not choose a design, or to not produce products with the winning design.
• Questions? Shoot an e-mail to email@example.com. We can’t wait to see what you come up with!