Venue Status: Open
In the summer of 1979, a cafe named "Feelings" opened on Royal Street. After its successful first year, it moved to its present historic location, part of the first plantation land granted for private ownership by the first New Orleans settlers. Research uncovered that in 1795, Nicholas D'Aunoy purchased the plantation and the land was incorporated into the Faubourg of Bernard Marigny, creating the present historical neighborhood of Faubourg Marigny.
Evoking an authentic old New Orleans feel, Feelings Cafe now occupies most of the buildings of the D'Aunoy Plantation. Dining rooms are located in both the main house and the old slave quarters, with bricks from its massive fireplace recycled as the courtyard surface.