Member's Forum.
Login or Register to post comments or add forum topics

full band open mic jams in this whole city??? drummers want to play

Posted in:

So the point of a open mic to me has been to have fun play music of all kinds with many other diffrent syle musicians from all backgrounds...Playing in a band is awesome dont get me wrong but its routined and can get quite boring. I would think in new orleans musicians would get together one night from all bands,styles,playing and grow musically and most important have fun jaming with a few strangers... Now they do have a few open mics, the streets are a great place to play as well, But its not at all good for drummers who want to get down and play... I want to start or play in a full band open mic jams and there seems to be none in the open, I need a realease from work and the stresses from life aswell as many others and music the key to the door of feeling alive and not just going through the motions of life.if anyone can help a drummer out and might have a few suggestions on venues that allow drumming and full bands play on a open mics or willing to start some up im sure alot of people would enjoy it, myself included

Login or Register to post comments or add forum topics