Member's Forum.
Login or Register to post comments or add forum topics

Ronnie Falgout

Posted in:

I am new to WWOZ as previously stated an just had the pleasure of visiting New Orleans this past week Aug. 10-16th. On the way down I had to switch planes in Tampa. The flight to New Orleans was delayed so everyone was just cooling it passing time. A young lady was sitting on the floor near me reading when an excited older lady came up to her and asked for her autograph. The young girl was so gracious in accepting her praise and obliging her request that it caught my attention. Soon after a gentleman carrying a couple of instruments in cases sat down between me and the young lady. Since we had a long delay I figured I would ask him what does he play. "Bass" he replied and proceeded to introduce himself as Ronnie and introduced me to Amanda Shaw.
Ronnie Falgout is one of your cities undercover ambassadors. We sat at the Tampa airport and talked music, New Orleans, life, you name it and we talked it. A kind, down-to- earth spirit who not only told me where to visit in New Orleans, but insisted that I allow him to drop me off at my hotel at the Riverwalk.(Papa Grows Funk were not in town that Monday Ronnie!)
Went to the Music Factory late Friday and could kill myself for not going earlier in the week!!!(Thank God for online shopping.)
Living in Baltimore, I don't see that type of kindness or hospitality shown to strangers. Best of luck to Amanda Shaw and Ronnie you are the man. Look me up when you come to DC/MD/Northern Virginia.

Login or Register to post comments or add forum topics