Member's Forum.
Login or Register to post comments or add forum topics

Brass Pass visitors in the tent !!!!!

Posted in:

There is confusion every year about if you can bring a guest into the tent with us. Last year they posted that no guest were alowed then the second dy it came down because pople were complaining.

Speaking for myself, I know one of the reasons I have purchased a Brass Pass so I can take my friends into the tent with me.

If there were some guidlines from the beginning it would be very helpful.

I will find out

I will ask Crystal and find out what the rule will be.

May All Your Blues Be On The Radio.... D

Brass Pass

The pass holder may bring in one other person per day. Children under 12, the elderly, and the disabled are also allowed in with a member. The new Brass Pass policy page is here:

http://www.wwoz.org/support/brass+pass+policy

Brass Pass

I hope getting in is easier this year. We've had Brass Passes for years and last year was NOT the first time we got hassled coming in. At Trafalgar Street entrance a cop threatened to arrest us because we wanted to come in with Brass Passes! He threw us out! We walked around all the way to Sauvage and never went to that entrance again, even though it's much more convenient to us. A sour experience but we wouldn't let it ruin our day. The 'OZ folks need to communicate better with the Jazz Fest staffers at all the gates. No one ever knows what to do when they see a Brass Pass at an entrance other than Sauvage. They hold you up with questions about the bracelets and what not And making Brass Pass users go in only one gate isn't very convenient for the holders, even if it's more convenient for staffers. We've seen the confusion and delays many times on entering with Brass Pass for some reason. I actually thought last year would be my last for the Brass Pass simply because of the pain it is to get in! But we love Jazz Fest, "OZ, and love the "OZ hospitality tent.

One gate now for years

It has been "ONLY Sauvage" for more than 5 years. And it has to do with issuance of the "repass" arm bands.

People will be people, and the many suffer for the dishonesty of the few. Passing a brass pass through the fence so two or thre got in on one pass. Hense, bar coding instead of engraving and arm bands instead of just showing your pass.

The instruction of how to use and where to use the pass have been published and repeated way too many times for moderately intelligent people to show up at a different gate and expect to be let in. Once you entered through the RIGHT gate and got your arm band you could go and come through any gate. I took way too many posters to my car and came back to believe otherwise.

This year, problem solved.... you get 7 tickets with your brass pass, one for each day. Enter through any gate, give them your ticket. But if you want to leave and come back, I gonna bet you once again have to go to a specific place to get an arm band to get repass priviledge.......

May All Your Blues Be On The Radio.... D

Brass Pass

Hi, ElizabethT. Good news! With the new 2009 Brass Pass procedures from Jazz Fest, you'll be able to enter any public gate. It's actually more convenient for staffers and volunteers if ya'll can get into the fest at more than gate. I was running around crazy last year leading folks to the Sauvage Gate along with our GM and a host of will call volunteers.

Communication is essential and we definitely have made strides with Jazz Fest in getting better access for our Brass & Over Pass members.

Check out this page on our site and it'll give you the full rundown on the new access and procedures http://www.wwoz.org/support/brass+pass+policy.

Thanks for supporting WWOZ and hopefully we'll see you at the Fest!

-Crystal

Login or Register to post comments or add forum topics