Member's Forum.
Login or Register to post comments or add forum topics

Great Musical Moments of 2008

2008 saw its share of ups and downs, but the music was always in the stratosphere. Wax nostalgic with us as we enter the new year, as we remember the musical peaks from the past year. Go ahead and tell us about your own favorite musical moments from 2008, whether it's from a live show, broadcast, recording, or encounter!

Happy New Year!

My favorite musical moment of 2008

I had one of those "magic" moments at JazzFest '08, while we were wondering if the rain was going to continue or stop during Stevie Wonder's show. He played a few straight off from Innervisions, but when he did his classic crowd-participation jam on Ribbon In the Sky just as the sun was peeking through the clouds, I got the shivers...

Bobby Lounge

Went to sit out the rain and get some oysters behind the grandstands(Why did they block off all of the grandstand seats for the VIPs, leave some for the plebes), had forgotten entirely about the Bobby Lounge show, but managed to catch the SquirrelSquatch act ,where SS yanked a young lady's dress over head and chased her around the stage in her bra and undies as Bobby sang the title song, People were in shock for awhile until it became clear that she was part of the act, can be seen on Youtube, hilarious! I'm now a bigger fan of this strange man

Several of a thousand great musical moments in 2008

Art Neville singing his killer Specialty sides at Jazzfest - Cha Dooky Doo and Zing Zing.

Any appearance of the best party band in the Universe - the Valparaiso Men's Chorus - whether at Voodoo, Saturn Bar, Chazfest.

Andre Williams at One Eyed Jacks. The Upright not Uptight Black Godfather King of Sleaze making me do the Bacon Fat.

2009 so far so good!

2009 so far so good!

Login or Register to post comments or add forum topics