OZ's founders, Jerry and Walter Brock, knew a good thing when they heard it. The brothers set out to share New Orleans culture with the world, and it is this passion that keeps 'OZ alive. From the swampy city and across the globe, WWOZ is your 24 hour listener-supported, volunteer-programmed radio station. We're run by individuals who believe in keeping radio alive while bridging a gap across culture through music. We're calling out to our listeners for support, big or small. We need your help to stay on air!
Here are some reasons to support WWOZ:
- We play one-of-a-kind recordings with a personality that can't be matched. PLUS we still spin vinyl.
- We help support live music in New Orleans as well as community events in the area.
- Because in 2013, a commercial-free radio station is a miracle.
- From Traditional Jazz to Irish Jigs to R&B with Soul Sister, we cover a lot of genres.
- We're here for you 24/7, wherever you are!
- Our volunteer show hosts craft their playlists with love, sweat, and tears.
- The tireless staff are dedicated to keep the world's greatest station on air.
- Our surprise musical guests keep you on the edge of your seats.
- WWOZ is a portal into New Orleans. Whether you're a native that's moved away or just enjoy the unique sounds the Crescent City has to offer, New Orleans is always just one click away.
- We wouldn't be able to stay on air without the support and love from our listeners.
- Ernie K-Doe said so.
- There's perks! Donation levels can get you exclusive thank you gifts like 'OZ swag, live music passes, and a membership to the WWOZ Social Aid & Pleasure Club.
- Because, wouldn't life be boring without WWOZ?
Pledge your love, here.